The world is taking the healthy way and what better than mother nature to guide it. Veggies are an all time favorite and adding a bit of cheese to top it up, does the trick to satisfy your taste buds.
But, HELLO! You said cheese???
Do you know; intake of the right type of cheese and in right proportion boosts your weight maintenance and weight loss process.
For all those who are still stuck with baking desserts, take a lift and bake your main course for it to taste even better with baking.
“Due to the caramelizing process, baked dishes are more flavorful than boiled dishes. Baked recipes call for very little amount of fat as compared to other methods of cooking, such as frying and roasting. Also, baking food in an oven results in lesser emissions of toxic byproducts like smoke”. – ifood.tv
So now when your knowledge bank just overflowed, you can thank us later and directly jump onto the healthiest bake you ever made.
Complete Time: 35 Mins
Baking Time: 25 Mins at 220°
What All You Need?
- 1 Potato
- 1 Onion
- ½ Zucchini
- 1 Small Carrot
- 3 Cloves Of Garlic
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- Salt (As per taste)
- Pepper (As per taste)
- 2 Full Size Eggs
- 2 tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese (Just 40 calories)
- 5 tbsp White Flour
- Italian Herb Mix (As per taste)
- 1 tsp Olive Oil (For Greasing)
- 1 tbsp Parsley or Fresh Coriander
- Take a bowl and cut all the vegetables (potato, onion, zucchini, carrot, garlic) into juliennes’.
- Add cheese, eggs, salt, pepper and nutmeg in it and mix it well.
- Now slowly spoon-by-spoon, add the white flour into it till the time you get a medium thick consistency.
- Mix it – Mix it – Mix it !!
- Now grease the baking dish with olive oil and transfer the batter into the baking dish.
- Bake it at 220° for 25 minutes or until you have a crisp crust on top.
- Once done, let it cool for 2-3 minutes and garnish it with fresh parsley or coriander.
And here you go, your easy-to-make and healthy lunch/dinner is ready. You can top it with any sauce as per your taste or liking.
Tip: It goes well with tamarind, sweet chili or any sauce that adds a tangy punch to it.
Serve your veggie cheese bake straight onto your dining table and do remember us when you get swamped with compliments.
Taste Healthy! Stay Healthy!