How about a healthy, tasty and super quick breakfast. We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it has to be the best too. So for all those folks out there who are too lazy to cook up a healthy breakfast or working clan, who needs everything fast and quick. This is for you all.
Finding its origin in the Northern part of Africa, couscous is the national dish for them and with evolution not leaving food untouched, has added much of taste and variations. With this recipe we are making a yummilicious breakfast that contains a 1% fat-to-calorie ratio. Yes! You read that right.
Here’s the recipe:
• 1 Onion – small dices
• ½ Brinjal – small dices
• Capsicum – Red, Green, Yellow each – small dices
• Raisins – handful of them
• Couscous – 1 regular bowl
• 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
• Salt as per taste
• Black pepper (crushed) as per taste
• Water – 3-4 cups
• 1 tsp. Low-fat mayonnaise/ Fresh cream &
• 1tsp. Tomato Ketchup
1. Take a non stick wok, add olive oil.
2. Add onions and all the vegetables, sauté them until soft, but make sure you don’ t cook them completely.
3. After a nice sauté, add the flavors, add salt (as per taste), black pepper (as per taste), mix well.
4. Now add 2 cups of warm water and wait until water evaporates and veggies are infused in each other well.
5. Now add well washed couscous and handful of raisins and mix everything well.
6. In the end, add 1 cup of water, stir well and cook for 4-5 minutes.
A dish to score full marks, must appeal to the eyes first. So to keep the healthy quotient high, dress it up with low-fat mayonnaise or low-fat fresh cream and some tomato ketchup.
Serve Hot! Serve Healthy!
And you have a quick breakfast, that will keep stirring your taste buds till long. You can add this dish into your snack time as well. Enjoy each meal and let it be full of flavors and nutritious with recipes from Foodieekitchen!